Saturday, December 22, 2007

On the Eve of Revolution

My body doesn't know it yet, but it's in for quite the shock. I stand resolute and stony-faced on the eve of my imminent weight loss program. I have seen weight loss blogs in the past and have always been at least momentarily inspired to make some changes in my life. Now that college is looming on the horizon, I am realizing that hiding under the safety blanket that my friends, family, and community provide will soon be ripped off exposing my nakedness in all of its nasty ass glory.
I am an unconventional character and have straddled the line between ultimate geek, and ultimately awesome for all of my seventeen years on this lush and hospitable planet. I can't resist the magnetic appeal of fantasy literature, anime, and role playing games, and yet I miraculously have friends outside of that limiting niche. My lifestyle has been one of recklessly laziness and I feel the consequences pretty frequently. And although I know my current state is the product of my sedentary lifestyle I long to change things.
As every fat ass can attest, water is blubbers worst nightmare. Another motivation for the war on lard is a class trip to the keys chock-full of discreetly labeled "water fun". So, Here I lay at my computer with a stick of trident spearmint gum in mouth, and some Wendy's in my stomach ready to completely overhaul my way of life and hopefully see results.


The Plan
  1. drink only water
  2. eliminate "junk foods"
  3. Eat healthy and light foods
  4. Only order salads (without dressing) when dining out
  5. Work out everyday (starting with an hour job on the treadmill)
  6. brush my teeth twice a day (don't forget to floss)
  7. STOP biting nails, and popping pimples
  8. Be Religious about my acne medication
Although this task is daunting I'm hoping that having this blog will be beneficial and motivational as far as keeping my fat ass in line. In return, you will be privy to weekly photographic updates and weigh ins as well as a constant play by play of my positively riveting life. From movie reviews, to video game updates, the book of the week and the petty drama of high school each day will not only have a health report but a general anecdotal update as well. Here's to an adventure!

No comments: