Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Match Made in Neon Heaven

Blayne and Miss Understood


If there ever was a challenge tailored to Blayne's aesthetic, it was tonight's. And did Blayne ever pick the right Queen to do the job. So far Blayne has been meh in my mind. His first offering was hideous and beyond comment. His second was adequate, and His third was worse than that which was eliminated especially in the construction aspect. The Olympic Challenge is where I began to have hope for Blayne and I thought his outfit was sporty and chic. His Brooke Sheilds outfit was wrong for the challenge but not elimination worthy, and tonight was scrumptious.

The colors were perfect dazzling and exquisite. I loved the mix of neon sparkle and black to make it pop. The wings and streamers were interesting and dynamic, and it is a shame that they didn't hold up on the runway. I can't quite put my finger on how this can be improved, but the bodice is very simple in shape and could even be worn by a very outgoing woman to a social event. Maybe some cone boobs would have upped the drag factor. Blayne did great work and as I look at this I wonder if his look had more polish than Korto's because he seems to have equally realized the drag vision.

No comments: