Thursday, August 21, 2008

That Bitch Stole Stella's Queen


Before I even talk about this design, I have to explain a few things. First, the reason all this Prunway stuff wasn't covered in one post is because the only way I can figure out how to move pictures is to Drag them Manually and that becomes a pain, and Second, I so disparately wanted Stella to work with Sharon Needles (or at least Acid Betty). This Queen would have fit into Stella's aesthetic like a glove. It's a shame that Stella got stuck with the clunker of the bunch.

Leanne and Sharon Needles


I can't blame Leanne for picking Sharon, Nor is she radically out of Leanne's Aesthetic, but as I said before I am so upset that Stella had last pick.

Nothing is necessarily WRONG with this look, but nothing is off the charts either. As I have come to expect from Leanne, It is well made but it lacks that umphy drag factor. It shines but it doesn't sparkle.The skirt and shoulders aren't as full large and in your face as they could be. Lights or sequins or some form of bling could have helped kick the outfit up a notch. Or maybe even a Some cosmic tulle exploding from the seams.

This look is more than worthy of keeping Leanne in the game, but it's a far cry from the true soul of drag.

No comments: